Saturday, November 7, 2009

Moon


Surfing on some emotional waves, R walked towards the garden, found a corner place where no one could see her. As it is she was not visible in that dark winter night, not even those water droplets which were rolling down her cheeks, some which her eyes were trying to hold, and made her vision blur. After sometime when she started feeling some pain in her throat, she started comforting and consoling herself, and during the same she sensed sweet smell, and they were those small flowers of raat ki rani (night blooming jasmine)

She explored the place through her eyes, it was not dark, there was moon light covering as a sheet over the darkness, then she stared at moon over her head, it was bright smiley it seemed, the craters on moon looked like forming two eyes watching her with a bright smile. It seemed the luminescence had radiated her from inside, as this visualization brought smile on her face.

R whom I’m telling about is no one else but it’s me, and I smiled looking at the moon because I retrospect something sweet watching that moon, during my degree college days, when I used to live at a flat on 4th floor in Mumbai, at night before going to a sound sleep I used to stare at moon for hours, at times it looked so beautiful that I couldn’t resist messaging my friends, “Look at that moon outside it’s looking awesome.” And that day looked even beautiful as my heart remembered those words of jyo, saying, “When we’ll not be together and will be miles apart, this moon will be the only common thing between all of us.” At that moment I just smiled and I found those lines a bit filmy but they seemed true that day, when I was alone but soon found company of MOON.

During my childhood days, everyone used to call moon as chanda mama and I hated chanda mama because I was afraid of him, as what seems to me a smiley today, seemed as a devil staring at me. I don’t remember when my perception changed, but yes it did.

That night I just watched moon for hours, and this was one of the best times I’ve lived with myself, at times we just don’t need anyone except ourselves, and I can’t say that night I was alone, as the moon was my companion.

17 comments:

Amit Kumar Singh said...

Beautiful Post... :)
Me too live in 3rd floor and often watch the moon before sleeping...
It really feel very nice, refreshing and rejuvenating... something spiritual...:)
You have written very well... :)
Keep Writing :)
Cheers!!

BK Chowla, said...

A very beautifully written post.

Rashmi Jain said...

@ amit
Thanks a lottt 4 d comment :)

Rashmi Jain said...

@ B K Chowla Sir
Thank u sir for the comment....

akshi said...

hi dear
beautifully written..
wen i was reading was able to connect wid me,,,as d feelings r d same..many times hav also thought d same way...
keep sending me d link wenevr u write!!!!

Rashmi Jain said...

@ akshima,
Thanks a lotttt dear for the comment, make your account on blogspot n follow my blog, u urself will get updates...
Keep visiting :)

Ankit B. Rathod said...

wow !!! beautifully expressed :) even i sometimes stare at the moon.... dis post is even more beautiful than the moon.... you rock !!

Rashmi Jain said...

@ ankit
Thanksss a lottttt for the rocking comment, but i feel this is exaggerated, nyways thank you :)
N next time i hope u'll be the 1st one to comment :)

Ankit B. Rathod said...

well.... it wasnt exaggerated.... honestly its a very good post.... n i prefer to be honest in my comments....

btw race mein kabhi kabhi piche wale ghodo ko bhi aage aane ka mauka dena chahiye.... i just did dat ;) anyways 1st comment on ur next post will be mine.... promise !!

सखी said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
सखी said...

Beautiful!!!!
While reading this I remembered so many things!!
It is not just a good post but a good write-up as well. That is what I was expecting. :)
And yess, mein humesha sensible cheeje hi kehti hun. tum log muze seriously nahi lete na :P ab samajha hmm!!

Rashmi Jain said...

@ ankit
Kkkk, mr. honest all ur complements r taken n thanks again for those praising words. N i knw u'll b keeping ur promise :)

Rashmi Jain said...

@ sakhi
Thank u dear 4 d comment n i feel this one is one of the best comments u have given, as i'm really glad that i've been upto ur expectation to some extent...
Bt sorry, hw can u forget I n angel r anytime more sensible :p
Haa aap bhi kabhi kabhi sensible baatein kar lete ho par vo bhi humaari sangat ka asar hota hai :p
Luv u d way u r:)

the lonely wanderer said...

hey raashi nce pst..great piece of thought..keep it up

Rashmi Jain said...

@ shruti
Thanks a lotttt 4 d comment :)

priyanka said...

hey rashu....
first let me tell u tht...u such a gud writer..n keep writing always..keep giving ur feelings, words..n make thm memorable...
now abt ur blog...it such a ordinary incident{ staring moon and all..)..but ur imagination has made it an extraordinary incident yaar....simple bt impressive...very touching.

Rashmi Jain said...

@ priyanka
Hey pinki rinks, thank u sooooooooooo much for reading my post n giving such a sweet comment...
Thankssss a lottttt dear.
Keep visiting :)