Saturday, March 20, 2010

What I have learnt today….


To just clear out any misconception, it’s not about a new art or any new object, but it’s about myself. It’s said you learn each moment, with your own deeds, with your each experience, may be so, I didn’t realized it that much earlier, but today yes I have learnt something.
The day really started on normal note, a cool morning, rising sun, my daily routine and my way to college. During the first lecture, as usual water supply started with my water bottle being passed in the whole class (this is my trade mark, I’m mostly the only one carrying a water bottle be it my degree college or management college). Well that’s not the issue, the issue was a guy just bowled it in air (IPL winds blowing in class well) for another one to catch it, and bang, the catch was missed, and I simply lost my cool. He was scolded by the lecturer and yes even I reciprocated, for the reason
  • I hate indecency in class
  • And it was my thing, which he just threw off
I’m pretty sure most of them must have thought, it was silly on my part to react to a small issue of a water bottle, but I know I was right, as for me the issue was not the bottle, the issue would have been the same, if even it was a pen or a notebook, or it belonged to someone else. The issue was to have an aesthetic sense, to have feeling of responsibility and respect for a thing which was not yours, however big or small that be, which that guy just lacked, and icing was that he didn’t accepted his mistake, which just decreased my boiling point.
But as it’s said holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned, the same thing happened with me, I spoiled my seminar because of him. My mistake, I accept.
Whatever it was, I just wrote it, and even I thought I’m taking this thing way too seriously but I don’t why I’m not able to forget this, though it being small. I have realized that
  1. For me even small things matter.
  2. I care for my possessions a lot and I expect that people also do the same, even though they don’t do for their ones, but they need to do for mine.
  3. For me committing a mistake won’t be highlighted, what would be is not accepting it. And accepting + apologizing it is surely appreciated.
  4. I can speak on my behalf (my friends always complain that you don’t stand for yourself, but now this small incident has provoked me to do for bigger issues of my life) :)
  5. I hate and can’t tolerate nuisance.
  6. I’m not that calm and composed, which I and many people use to feel earlier:)
  7. I get upset easily.
  8. And now I need to improvise on it, as it hampers my performance in other tasks.
Now I’m just trying to forget things, which I had been trying since the whole day, but can’t, but penning it down has helped me out to some extent. Moreover I really recognized things which I have but has come to my notice today…

14 comments:

Deep said...

Good dear it seems u learned a lot of things from that bottle experience,bt pls b calm n composed as u used to b,thatshow i like u as my friend.
N try to neglect such small things which can hamper your performance at any front,good going, keep it up!
All the Best!!!!!!!!!

priyanka said...

hey first tym m realy happy...as i always say..tht if u r right , take stand for urself..whether issue is small or big..the imp. thing is wht it shows tht yes..u care for urself...
i wish u wil continue this spirit of takin stand 4 urself...life long..
n what the mind blowing post this is...! realy ..why were u discouraging urself tht its not gud..?
keep writing....tc.

Rashmi Jain said...

@ Deep
first of all, i'm so glad that you are the first one to comment on my post. Ab i accept that yes u read my posts.
Well after this incident, i seriously missed u, pata hai kyu,
1. The guy shared ur name :(
2. I remembered the green bottle incident, on parla station, hope u remember :) n this time also it was a green bottle :p

Nyways, thanks a lottt for the comment n for ur wishes, n would surely try to be calm n composed...

Keep visiting :)

Rashmi Jain said...

@ priyanka

Ji bilkul, i told u, aapse bhot kuch seekha hai n bhot kuch seekhna baaki hai.....
n thanks for your comment dear, u r really motivating....

:):) :)

Anonymous said...

Well Done i appreciate you for tht as far as me is concern i am proud of as you are on right track to raise your voice for indecency on anyone's part.I realy feel glad tht u become brave and courageous girl which is very good as far as your career is concern i always told u i hope u remember.Tht your profession requires tht .It is good to have your boldness and courage to speak in front of every1. For this i am gving u a pat....

Rashmi Jain said...

@ varun
Thanks for the comment n appreciation, n yes i do remember ur words.....

Keep visiting :)

akshi said...

guud dat you have written all dis nd nw u must b feeling better...!!
nw forget all dis..as he doesnt deserve so attention nd tym of urs..
it was really guud dat u hav startd speaking for wat u dont lyk..so dat others will nt take undue advantage of urs..
keep writinmg..!!
tc

Rashmi Jain said...

@ akshi

yes i knw dear, thanks 4 d comment....

Ankit B. Rathod said...

U mean to say ppl need to beware wen u are around !! U mean to say dat u are a sort of a volcano - jab tak shaant hai tab tak hi thik hai....

If yes, you're very much like me.... :) if i was in ur place, i wud hav reacted in the same way, or even worse... I cant tolerate such nuisance... and most of my friends complain wen i do so.... They say dat i over-react ! But that's how i am... I luv my stuff n i am possessive... And i hate such indiscipline !!

nice post !! everyone needs a vent... and what better dan dis !!

Rashmi Jain said...

@ Ankit
How many things we share in common naaa :)
Again saying the same thing- ARIES factor :)
Thanks 4 d comment n bilkul hum toh aise hi hai, n aise hi rahenge :)

Unknown said...

hye mam vry nice sharing...n im happy that u r now taking stand 4urself..even im like this i too dnt like people who dnt takecare of others tghing specially my books,belongings n helmet hehehe..n one thng dnt hurt or spoil ur nythng bcz of others pls.. n pls mujhe naam jarur batana vry excited to know.. takecare

Rashmi Jain said...

@ apekhsha
Meine toh tumhe pehle hi bola tha ki hum thode bhot similar hai, aries+ 7 no.. ka combination hai, toh kuch toh milega hi na ;)
Nyways thanks a lott 4 d comment dear n will surely let u know the name, nytime, bdway its the same person because of whom u cried in conference. I guess ab tak toh tumhe bhi samajh aa gya hoga, dat who am i talking abt :)

Jeet said...

im really happy that u have learnt something from that incident... hey this incident reminded me of my school days...v use to play the same way in class, but never spoiled anyone's belonging..

what ever, but dont take every small thing very seriously.If u take everything seriously u wont be able to concentrate on other things,n u wont be able to enjoy each n every moment of ur life,,, Past is past forget it the very next second..... :)

Rashmi Jain said...

@ jeet
agreed withu completely that each small thing should not be considered, and even my bottle didnt got spoiled, but playing with it is different thing but creating nuisance during lecture....
but i guess it happened because i'm possesive abt my belongings....

nyways thanks a lott for the comment :)
Keep visiting :)