Monday, May 3, 2010

HOPE



I hope so, hopefully, these words I have been using quite often, but what’s so special about it naaa….

It’s HOPE. Just few days back I came across an article on hope and just wanted to share the history of hope with you….

“Hope was personified in Greek mythology as Elpis. When Pandora opened Pandora's Box (Pandora was the first woman each god helped create her by giving her unique gifts in a box which when opened by her, unleashed many terrible things on mankind), she let out all the evils except one: hope. Apparently, the Greeks considered hope to be as dangerous as all the world's evils. But without hope to accompany all their troubles, humanity was filled with despair. It was a great relief when Pandora revisited her box and let out hope as well. It may be worthy to note that in the story, hope is represented as weakly leaving the box but is in effect far more potent than any of the major evils. In some faiths and religions of the world, hope plays a very important role. Hope can be passive in the sense of a wish or active as a plan or idea, often against popular belief, with persistent, personal action to execute the plan or prove the idea. Consider a prisoner of war who never gives up hope for escape and, against the odds, plans and accomplishes this. By contrast, consider another prisoner who simply wishes or prays for freedom, but without genuine hope, or another who gives up all hope of freedom.”

By the way I hope you didn’t find it boring, as it was interesting to me….

From the start of the day, we say at least I do

I hope my day goes well.

I hope I don’t get late.

I hope we have a free lecture today.

I hope my presentation goes well.

Hopefully I clear my interview.

I hope it’s my call.

Hoping to be accepted.

Hope they remember me.

I hope they miss me as much I do.

Everything will be fine, hope so……

HOPE has been though very positive, an optimistic outlook, but at times it’s painful as it leads to expectations and when these expectations are not fulfilled it hurts. Yes it does. Sorry for again relating things to expectations but seriously can’t help. Well that’s why I feel it has been called as one of the evils, which is painful but something we can’t live without.

Behind every wish there is hope,

Hope of the wish getting fulfilled,

But don’t you think it brings in certain uncertainty,

A certainty lacking surety,

A bundle of expectation,

Anger and sorrow of not reaching it,

But hope makes you what you want to be,

It gives you what you want to redeem,

It’s just the matter of perception,

And just depends on your reception.

Keep hoping, whatever the matter be,

The world will be yours; hopefully it will be……

12 comments:

akshi said...

too guud yaar..
tu to ekdum amazing writer ban gayi hai
i thnk dis is d best of ur blog..till nw..many more milestones to acheive
nd u will I HOPE!!!!

Rashmi Jain said...

@ akshima
Thanks dear, par ye thodi jyada tareef nhi thi hmmmm. Nyways thanks 4 d comment n especially bein the first one to do that :)
Keep visiting :)

BK Chowla, said...

Very nice post and I enjoyed reading it all the way.

Ankit B. Rathod said...

good one !!! i enjoyed it :)

Rashmi Jain said...

@ B K Chowla
Thanks for the comment sir :)

Rashmi Jain said...

@ Ankit
Thanks for the comment :)

priyanka said...

hey simple n nice ,positive lines abt hope...
yupzzz ..i think ..hope is as imp. as oxygen ...
untill or unless u hope...u don't get...
aur ha... one more thing...history was realy boring...hehehe
keep writing...keep smiling...!!

Rashmi Jain said...

@ priyanka
Thanks 4 d comment, n thanks 4 being honest :) :)

Anonymous said...

Hope gives u confidence to do things in positive manner n attain the desire results hope helps to build the confidence of the person n helps in gettng wat exactly u wnt to achieve but perhaps smetimes it happened in opposite way wat we wish or believe not happened but thn also we hope hoping against hope thts life...........jine ke liye kuch toh umeed honi chahiye...very well written as usual heads of to u..............mam

Rashmi Jain said...

@ varun
Thanks a lot for the comment...
Keep hoping n commenting :)

Unknown said...

hey mam lovely post....yaa hope is vry positive as it is included in my name n my blog name also...n ya ist is linked vth expectations... wonderful lines...

Rashmi Jain said...

@Apeksha
Thanks dear for the comment....
Keep commenting and hoping as well...