Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mumbai Rains


“It’s raining heavily in Mumbai,” Mugs said. I know yaar, no rains in Rajasthan, missing Mumbai rains was my expression.

Sitting near the window, observing the dark clouds and praying for a nice rainfall, I could feel the cool breeze and fragrance of wet mud and slowly the view in front of my eyes went blur. It was raining and this moment took me back a year before, to the Mumbai rains, where I had so many buckets of moments to remember.

Walking down to the lane to college in Parla (i.e. vile parle), holding each other’s hand, just for the sake that we don’t slip in a ditch or open gutter, as whole lane used to be drown in water and at the end we found out college is closed due to heavy rains. Then rushing back to station, hoping that there was no problems with trains and we can reach home safely, but at times we used to think , what a fun it would be if trains stop working and we get more time to spend with each other, we’ll walk back home, we imagined.

A word for Mumbai rains would be unpredictable, you can’t imagine it would rain today but it rains. At times I used to get tired of opening and closing my umbrella. Jyo I’m not going to open this if it rains again, what’s this yaar it rains for 2 minutes then a stop and then it rained, rained and rained. Me, Mugs, Dee, Neh and Sup were all wet, even jyo but she was getting wet because of that umbrella, only her head was safe, and umbrellas in those rains could keep you dry only to that extent, but it’s fun getting trenched in rains.

The most fun part was standing at the local trains doors, a bit hanging at times (as it’s not safe enough) and you can feel the water droplets pinching you and hitting your face as arrows. Bidding bye to Neh and Sup we used to get down at Kandivali station, if it had stopped raining, at the bus stop it seemed it’s still raining with that dripping water, as bus stop under a huge tree. Waiting for the bus, with Dee irritating 3 of us with his comments, Mugs and Jyo handling him by reciprocating with tough words at his each comment (how friends are) and me watching three at times, brings me to tears, so close they are and how much bonded I’m to them, can we ever live all those moments again, ever. College has ended, have our lives with each other has come to an end, I don’t know and I find three of them holding me, each one saying I’m with you. Mugs trying to make me laugh said, “if we recreate Ramayana, which character will each of us fit in, I’ll wanna become Hanuman, then who’ll be Raavan, Dee of course.” :p She’s like that only mature but yet sooooo juvenile, at times she comes up with weirdest thoughts you can’t imagine of, a complete sweetheart and my angel. Dee , he can make me laugh and cry as well, he is like a support system, like yes, someone is there with you always, an adorable idiot, bindok :p Jyo, she is my heartbeat and she knows that, the one with whom I can share the world, shona :) And yes I’m not forgetting Neh and Sup who are more silent, sincere then four of us, but are darlings, can talk to them like there is no end. These 5(5 stars) are beautiful chapter of my life.

Leaving Jyo at her stop, we 3 walked towards our homes, I exclaimed, “bus ab yehi hona baaki tha!” Mugs and Dee asked, “ab kya hua?” I pointed at my feet, I broke my sandals and we three laughed.

Now we all most of the times chat online, and if we come to rains then we do remember those times of getting wet, sharing umbrellas, holding hands, walking along, laughing, crying, hanging at local trains door and yes, my broken sandals :)

Miss u all and yes Mumbai rains……..

8 comments:

सखी said...

It was nostalgic re...n it's quite easily seen that you have written it with almost every expression & moment that all of us enjoyed together!!! :)
Mumbai rains...........hmmmmmmm!!

सखी said...

yess n I forgot to comment on your template....nice feel :).
Just change font colour to black,n see if it gives brighter look!

Ankit B. Rathod said...

awesome..... reading dis post made me remember my own experience of 26/7 wen i had to walk from my college in matunga to parel in 3 ft water wid my bag on..... was damn tired wen i reachd home..... :)

really nice post.....

Rashmi Jain said...

@ sakhi
U r right dear, i'm very sentimental about mumbai n u all, so it gives the feeling of nostalgia.
And thank you for your comment dear, it's all about your suggestions....
Keep commenting and suggesting :)

Rashmi Jain said...

@Ankit
Thanks for the comment :)

Deep said...

Hey dear it's really nostalgic,it made me remember those days again..... Thanx yaar... N great work,keep it up!!!

Rashmi Jain said...

@Deep
Thanks 4 d comment n thanks 4 being part of all those moments :)

BK Chowla, said...

In fact the only thing i miss after shifting from Bombay is the rains.